Have you ever imagined how all of your favorite celebrities and movie stars have sparkling white teeth and beautiful smiles? Behind their charming smiles and attractive appearance, a cosmetic dentist somewhere has spent countless hours in making them look beautiful! The good news is that with the help of cosmetic dentistry, you too can also get rid of your teeth stains and smile blemishes. You can achieve and enjoy a smile that you had always dreamed of!
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry describes procedures that are performed to improve mouth function and smile, as well as facial aesthetics and symmetry. Whether you want to correct crooked or misshaped teeth, or you want to remove coffee stains, cosmetic dentistry can make that happen for you!
What Procedures are performed by a Cosmetic Dentist?
Looking for a cosmetic dentist in Kalamazoo, MI? Well look no further then Lindenwoods Dental, where we can take care of all your dental needs under one roof.
- Professional Teeth Whitening – don’t like your stained teeth? We can help you with that by providing you with our professional teeth whitening services. Unlike over the counter teeth whitening products, we use more potent and effective bleaching agents that can get rid of your teeth stains. Whether due to smoking or your love for coffee or tea, we can help. Teeth whitening involves the use of a safe, but highly effective bleaching agent, usually composed of a Hydrogen Peroxide mixture, that penetrates under the surface of the teeth to dissolve the stains. Dental teeth whitening solutions can help you get back your shiny white teeth!
- Dental Implants – are you looking for a permanent replacement of your missing natural teeth? Then dental implants could be a great choice for you. Since dental implants are anchored within the jaw bone like natural teeth, they provide you with the same “natural feeling”. In addition, highly aesthetic dental prostheses can be built over these implants, such as crowns, bridges or dentures. These not only improve your smiles appearance, but are also quite durable and last for a lifetime.
- Porcelain Crowns – a dental crown is a cap shaped prosthetic appliance that is placed over the surface of a crooked, fractured or weakened tooth. Crowns help to restore a tooth’s shape and function. They are also used to mask the effect of developmental teeth stains that cannot be removed with the help of a professional teeth whitening procedure. Porcelain crowns not only reinforce your weakened teeth, but also restore your facial aesthetics and your beautiful smile.
- Prosthetic Bridges – a bridge is a fixed prosthetic appliance that attaches to the natural teeth on either side. The bridge replaces the missing teeth present between them. Unlike dentures, which can create difficulty while eating or speaking, a bridge is fixed to the teeth and provides full function of oral movement.
- Veneers – a veneer is a thin shell like covering that is attached to the front surface of a tooth with the help of an adhesive cement. Veneers are used for aesthetic correction of deformities and to mask the effect of permanent teeth stains. Veneers are usually prepared from porcelains or restorative composite resins.
- Bonding – gone are the days when teeth were restored using silver amalgam fillings. Thanks to dental bonding, tooth restoration is possible via composite resins as well. These not only provide sufficient strength to the teeth, but their shade can be exactly matched to your natural teeth. So you can smile without having the fear of showing “metallic teeth!”
- Invisalign – if you have misaligned teeth but hate the look of traditional braces, then Invisalign may be just the thing for you! Invisalign is a set of clear removable aligners that are worn over the teeth during the day and/or night. These trays come in carefully constructed sets that you’re advised to wear for a few weeks at a time, until your teeth are properly aligned. The good news with Invisalign is that there are no unsightly metallic braces. The aligner trays are virtually invisible!
- Gingival Repositioning and Recontouring – some people are not happy with their bluish or excessively visible gums. This condition can be corrected with the help of gingival surgery, in which the dentist will remove the excessive gum tissue with the help of a laser. In cases of excessive staining or discoloration, bleaching of the gums can also be performed.
If you reside in Kalamazoo, MI then ask Lindenwoods Dental about our first class cosmetic dental services. Whatever your problem is, our dental team is here to help you! Contact us today about your beautiful smile transformation!